Tuesday, March 22, 2016

How hard is it to find down time? (Week 11)

This is a really short week with only 3 school days. Students are wound up, teachers are stressed, and Easter is right around the corner. The grading period ends on Wednesday and Easter break begins! With that being said, there is so much that needs to get done in so little time...

Adv Engines working on the engines brought in by the community

  • Time management isn't something I normally struggle too hard with. I come home from school, get my work done, and relax. Now that FFA activities are picking back up, it's time for contests and late nights to get the work done. This week has been jam packed with events. Monday night was the student teacher get together, Tuesday night is the public speaking contest and online meeting, and Wednesday my break begins. I have to keep up on lesson plans, grading papers, and getting students caught up in class. Trying to manage all this can make one person go crazy.

Cleaning carburetors in Adv Engines





  • Solution! I have found that if I break up my work between school and home I can get way more done. Trying to get the papers graded at school keeps me from loosing them in transport. I save my lesson plans and online grading for at home. I spend time during my prep periods with students who are preparing for the contests. It is a busy day. I realize that this is only dipping my toes into what a full time ag teacher does, but it's important to manage your time now than to struggle later. 



Until next time,
Ms. Yoest

1 comment: