Sunday, February 7, 2016

Ag Teachers Do What?! (Week 4)

All my nights during the end of week 3 and week 4 were spent for students! It is crazy how much effort teachers put in after school hours. Over the past two weeks, I have been trying to plan for the embryology project in the ag business management course. This is how the activities went down.


Preparing for incubation!
Lows: I ordered 2 dozen eggs through a website and set for them to be delivered the week of the 18th (in January). I patiently waited for those eggs to arrive. The following week, I had still not received any information on where my eggs were at. After numerous phone calls and trips to the post office, the eggs had arrived the following Wednesday. It took me two days to figure out which post office the eggs had arrived to. 



Highs: When we began the incubation process, the students were ecstatic! They couldn't wait to see the life cycle these chickens will go through. I have had so many volunteers want to take the eggs home already. Those students had the look of joy on their face. I don't even have to pull teeth to get volunteers to turn the eggs each day. 






All in the course of two weeks, I have caught a glimpse of what ag teachers do for their students. And this was just one class out of the 5 I will be teaching! Students don't see that effort that teachers put in after school, but it is all worth it to see that look on their faces.

Until next week, 
Ms. Yoest

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun activity Erin. I'd like to you reflect even deeper into your teaching experiences and share through your blog how you are stretching yourself and growing as a teacher.

    Looking forward to my visit tomorrow!

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving seeing the 4H emblem in the Ag Classroom!

    ReplyDelete