Sunday, February 21, 2016

My first 2 day week! (Week 6)

This past week was nothing extravagant or troubling. It started out with our first large snow storm. A little bit of ice covered by 9 inches of snow caused our first snow day! I spent the day preparing lesson plans and grading papers. It was a good extra break before heading back into the classroom. So my week started on Wednesday. Here are some snapshots from my very short week.
Just a glimpse of our snow

  • This snow day taught me to be flexible. I needed to rearrange all my classes, especially an exam, to accommodate this news. Flexibility is important in any teaching job. This week I had to make some hard decisions to push a test back two days. Not only did the snow day make me flexible, but student work pace has too as well. All students work at a different pace. 

The musical stage coming together
  • It's time to be a big girl and begin thinking about where I want to teach agriculture. On Friday, I met up with the rest of my cohort to attend job prep boot camp. I realize how important it has been to keep up with my resume and cover letter over the years. It had made for minor changes this year. Even when your in high school, it is important to have a resume. It would be a great starting point to prepare them for a job. With this information, I want to incorporate resume writing for my seniors. 

Preparing for the big basketball tournament
This week was a short one. I had only 2 days in the classroom, so there isn't much to discuss or reflect on. Friday was a great professional development day to reflect on the previous weeks of student teaching and prepare for future interviews. 

This week will be an exciting week, so look out for social media posts about our incubation project!

Until next week, 
Ms. Yoest

2 comments:

  1. I hope the seminar provided some useful information you can integrate into your classroom and assists in your growth as a teacher and a professional!

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    I think job readiness and the specific skills of a cover letter and resume are great to build in to a CTE curriculum. Especially cool when we can connect it to the Job Interview CDE.

    Have a awesome National FFA Week.

    ReplyDelete