Thursday, April 21, 2016

Administrator Interview

Its that time of year when the anxiety and rush to find a job begins! (Except... I still have until 2017 before I can begin applying, but its never too early to start!) I was lucky enough to complete a mock interview with both principals at Mohawk High School. I realized I need to make TONS of improvements when answering questions. I didn't just get practice with interviews, I also received some crucial information from an administrators side of interviews. Here are some of the pointers I received.


  • Administrators like to see candidates align their professional portfolios along with the 4 domains of teacher effectiveness. This shows that the candidate is prepared to follow along with the Pennsylvania SAS website and can portray all 4 domains. 

  • Create a tri-fold brochure for everyone of the interviewers. There isn't enough binders to create to go around. They are able to glance through your brochure that hits on the important parts of your binder.

  • When they ask if you have any questions, always ask questions. I asked a question about the school becoming a one-to-one school with technology. They said to turn the question into something useful. With a question like that I could have a conversation about using that technology in my agricultural classroom. 
As you can see, I really learned a lot from this interview. These tips have been very helpful in trying to prepare for a future career. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are three really GREAT points. I hope to see you integrate these into your portfolio!

    LR

    ReplyDelete