Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Where it all began...

... was about 12 years ago when we moved out of the suburbs and to the country. My family decided to start a Texas Longhorn herd of about 12 cattle. I slowly got more involved in showing livestock over the past 10 years through 4-H and FFA. One of my favorite things to do each summer was raise and show livestock at the county and state fair. I have been successful with many 1st places, 2nd places, and a division champion and reserve champion. My personal favorite animals to raise are hogs and goats. This summer was my last year to show market livestock. It was a bittersweet moment being in that sale and show ring for the last time. Hopefully I will carry on the show stock legacy with my future children.













I also have a horse named Kat. He's a 14 year old quarter horse who loves the barrel pattern. I've owned three horses in my lifetime of riding and I finally found my forever horse. When I settle down with a home and my own property, I plan to run a horse farm with two quarter horses and a team of Belgians.








I was an active member of both programs and LOVED every minute of it! I found a passion of mine: teaching agriculture. I have spent the past three years of my life at Penn State University studying Agriculture and Extension Education. I have just begun my senior year. I will be a student teacher at Mohawk High School in spring semester. Throughout the last couple of years at college, I have been active in Altoona Ag club, Altoona Collegiate FFA and Teach Ag! Society at University Park campus.




So... many of you may be wondering, "Why is her blog titled so?" Well, there is a story behind that. I am proud to say that I have enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserves. It took months of thought to make my decision. I am excited to be leaving in 10 months for my next journey. Who knows where the next road may lead, but I know it will be a good one.




















Along with signing for the Marines, I recently got engaged. I am excited to live this crazy journey called life with my best friend.




I hope you continue on this amazing journey with me!


Until next time, 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."   
  -George Bernard Shaw

~Erin Yoest~


No comments:

Post a Comment